Natural and human-made disasters can strike anywhere and anytime. Here are ways your business can be prepared.
- Identify all your risks. Hurricanes, floods and wildfires may be on your list. But consider prolonged power outages and cyber threats.
- Develop an emergency plan, communicate employees’ responsibilities and have alternate locations where you can work.
- Design a process for how to return to normal afterwards. Consider ways to compensate for lost revenue and other damages.
- Store computer files off site and/ or in the Cloud. Draft a detailed IT recovery plan.
- Map out evacuation routes in your building and practice them with your staff. Train employees on what to do should a crisis occur.
- Consider having emergency kits or supplies on hand like batteries, first aid supplies, flashlights, and extra building and office keys.