CPAs, like all providers of personal financial services, are now required by law to inform their clients of their policies regarding privacy of client information. CPAs have been and continue to be bound by professional standards of confidentiality that are even more stringent than those required by law. Therefore, we have always protected your right to privacy.
1. We collect nonpublic personal information about you and all our clients from the information you submit on our applications or other forms, and through information we obtain over the course of your business relationship with our affiliates, others, and us.
2. Nonpublic personal information is information that we collect from you that is not otherwise available from public sources. The categories of nonpublic personal information we collect include the following:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms, such as your name, address, social security number, names of family members, assets and income.
- Information about your transactions with our affiliates, others, or us, such as your account balances, investments, and current and prior tax information.
3. For current and former clients, we do not disclose any nonpublic personal information obtained in the course of our practice except as required or permitted by law. Permitted disclosures include, for instance, providing information to our employees, and in limited situations, to unrelated third parties who need to know that information to assist us in providing services to you. Also, we may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to our affiliated financial planning and investment advisor firms. In all such situations, we stress the confidential nature of information being shared.4. We retain records relating to professional services that we provide so that we are better able to assist you with your professional needs and, in some cases, to comply with professional guidelines. In order to guard your nonpublic personal information, we maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with our professional standards.
5. We do not share your nonpublic personal information with companies that perform marketing services.
Please call if you have any questions, because your privacy, our professional ethics, and the ability to provide you with quality financial services are very important to us.